INCITS Executive Board Participation
Membership on the INCITS Executive Board is open to all organizations that consider themselves to be directly or materially affected by the development or use of standards-based information technology products and services.
The current membership comes from a wide array of interested participants including computer systems and semiconductor manufacturers, communications carriers, systems integrators, software publishers, companies that use information technology, information-sharing organizations, user groups and consortia, academia, and government agencies.
Members are encouraged to be active. INCITS Executive Board meetings are held four times a year across the U.S. INCITS Executive Board members enjoy the right to participate and vote on key ICT standards and represent the United States in significant, world-wide meetings among all leading national bodies developing ICT standards.
Initiating participation on the INCITS Executive Board is easy:
- Applicants shall submit their membership request in writing on company letterhead that includes the following items their reasons for interest in joining, and their organizations interest category, The INCITS Executive Board has eleven interest categories; they can be determined by reading the choices in the INCITS Organization, Policies and Procedures
- Review and sign the INCITS Membership Agreement. The agreement shall be signed by an authorized individual or legal counsel of the organization. Prospective members should familiarize themselves with the INCITS policies, anti-trust guidelines, patent policy, patent declaration form.
- Submit payment of the annual service fees. Organizations may name one Principal and unlimited Alternates representatives for one price. Note: The membership cycle begins each December 1 and extends through each November 30.
2017 fees for participation on the INCITS Executive Board
INCITS Technical Committee, Task Group and Study Group Participation
Participation in INCITS Technical Committees, Task Groups and Study Groups is open to all organizations, currently over 500, affected by the scope and project(s) of a particular subgroup. Members, who have technical expertise in the relevant field of technology, meet regularly to develop draft American National Standards or work on associated International Standards. INCITS maintains close liaisons with other national standards organizations dealing with related information technology applications. Participation in an INCITS Subgroup is separate from an Executive Board membership.
To initiate participation on an INCITS TC, TG or SG, complete the following steps:
- Applicants should complete the online membership request form at https://standards.incits.org/kcpm/signup. Organizations shall name one Principal and may name unlimited Alternate representatives for the one price.
- Prospective members should familiarize themselves with the INCITS policies, anti-trust guidelines, patent policy, patent declaration form.
- Review and sign the INCITS Membership Agreement. The agreement shall be signed by an authorized individual or legal counsel of the organization.
- Submit payment of the annual service fees. Once your membership request is processed, an invoice will automatically generate and be emailed to you. Note: The membership cycle begins each December 1 and extends through each November 30.
2017 fees for participation on the INCITS Technical Committees, Task Groups and Study Groups
INCITS Participation Fees Information
All levels of participation pay annual service fees (subscriptions begin each December 1 and extend to each November 30). These fees directly support INCITS and its program of work, including standards processing, web integrated services for the members (document repositories and distribution, balloting, email), meeting support and marketing. INCITS also supports the Secretariats held by the U.S. National Body at ANSI.